Have you noticed stiffness in your muscles from sitting for extended periods of time? Have your energy levels been dropping? Do you find yourself being less productive?
Stretching is the best investment an individual and an employer can make. We all need to stand up and stretch to feel better about ourselves . A happy and healthy employee will do better work and will be more likely to stay onboard with the company. What can employers do to encourage stretching?
The sitting position creates compression in the spine, increasing pressure on the discs and shortening the pelvic muscles.
Stretching throughout your work day will help you avoid pain to your low back, shoulders, knees, elbows and wrists, reduce your stress levels and potentially increase your productivity.
Benefits of Stretching at work
Stretching helps protect our muscles. Stretching on a daily basis can provide a competitive edge in the workplace because it has the power to prevent injuries, save money, and make work more enjoyable (both physically and mentally) as well as significantly improve employee wellbeing.
Here is what stretching provides:
- Increased ability to perform everyday tasks at work, home, and play.
- Provides a mental break from the work routine, resulting in reduced stress.
- Less joint wear and tear, and reduced osteoarthritis joint stiffness and pain.
- Improved reaction time, balance, and better posture.
- Reduced muscle fatigue and soreness.
- Decreased risk of joint stiffness and/or lower back, neck, shoulders, knees, hips, elbows, wrists, and hand pain.
- More energy resulting from increased blood supply and nutrients to muscles, tendons, and joints.
- Maintaining energy levels
Stretch for Safety, Mental Stability, the Body, and the Soul
Want to improve the employee wellbeing at your workplace?
We’re on a mission to help employees stay healthy and flexible, through accessible stretch sessions, it’s very beneficial for physical and mental health.
We helped employees from BBC, Microsoft, ITV, HSBC, Warner Music and many more companies to stay productive & energised and provide their employees with the support they need.
We’ve been holding corporate Virtual stretch sessions specifically tailored to people with busy working days so you can try our fun stretching classes for office workers in your lunch break.
If you’re interested in bringing our Good Stretch wellbeing sessions to your organisation, please get in touch – email@example.com, we’d love to help!